Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Freak

M/s Stephen J. D. Levitt produced excellent book ‘Freakonomics’. It is result of exemplary synergy. I read it once and gave it to my sister to see whether my high regard for it is freak or not. She, had done MA in English and teacher for long time, is raising a family of two kids, a husband and one ignoramus plus supports many others. The other book Argumentative Indian is heavy in all respect. The Professor did not meet a journalist with synchronous energy. Or he did not target unintelligent/nonintellectual reader like me. Perhaps he thought only about his students or University friends. I could cross 35 pages approx. Any Bangalee would like to request Dr Sen to write Bengali books along with Mr. Joy Goswami as coauthor.

EBay is a place for e-trade. One can sell or buy things here. EBay works as exchange. Freakonomics was bought here. I am buying other things too. After reading Freakonomics I am in doubt. Are those things clean? Is the cell phone, I am buying here, coming from rightful owner. Cell phone theft is rampant, I lost one.

And that book raises questions, why did ignoramus not try to date. What should I write about myself in the dating proposal? I am more than five feet, less than 75 Kg and 55 years, have black hair, eyes and complexion, have no car and can not drive or sing, earn over Rs 15 thou, bad conversationist, can not recite. For few hours I am good listener. Since I am new to it I shall request for a date with partner who is experienced handling male specimens and who is not less than 45 yrs repeat not less. My mother tongue is Bengali and I hardly know another language but language is no bar. I am semi baldy and neither smart nor clean shaved nor homosexual. By the by my name is Amal Dutto, after first meet I shall say “I am not Amal Dutto”. Till I get a date or a place to post let me duck to read the other book the heavy one.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?